Great breakfast lalo na with toasted pan de leche. “Boom, Gising!” ang ilong mo. Bukod sa hummus at pita, isa to sa paborito kong orderin sa mga Mediterranean restos. Naisipan ko lutuin to dahil wala akong mapaggamitan ng cumin bukod sa nachos at experimental shawarma (recipe soon)
8 Tomatoes, seeds removed, juice collected, cut into cubes
1 red Bell pepper, cut into cubes
Half a large white onion, cut into cubes
1/2 tsp Garlic, minced
1 tbsp Tomato paste
2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp dried Oregano
Salt & pepper
2-3 tbsp water
- In a pan, saute onion, garlic, and bell pepper.
- Move the other ingredients to the side and then add the tomato paste. Stir until the paste looks darker.
- Add the tomato and its juice to the pan and then mix thoroughly, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan for the paste that sticked.
- Add tablespoons of water if the mixture is too dry, i should some what look like a cooked salsa.
- Add the cumin, oregano, and season with salt and pepper.
- Once tomatoes are almost cooked, set heat to low then make 3-4 wells in the mixture for the eggs.
- Crack the eggs into the wells then cover the pan with lid.
- Once egg whites have set but the yolks are still runny, optionally season with pepper.
- Serve the eggs individually with the tomatoes on its sides.