Isang putaheng naimbento sa kaharian ng Mongolia noong 800 B.C. Ang orihinal na sangkap nito ay karne ng triceratops, kaya noo’y tinatawag itong “Mongolian Triceratops”
1/2 kg Beef, sliced thinly
1/4 cup Cornstarch
Cooking oil for deep frying
handful of Green onions, chopped
Salt & pepper
Sesame seed, for garnish (optional)
2 tsp Ginger, grated or minced
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
Slurry, 1 tbsp cornstarch + 3 tbsp water
- Season the beef slices with salt and pepper then sprinkle the cornstarch into the beef. Mix well.
- Quickly deep-fry the beef slices, about a minute each, and drain the oil well.
- For the sauce, add oil into a pan or wok then set to medium high heat.
- Quickly sauté ginger and garlic then pour in the soy sauce.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium then add the brown sugar and mix well until disolved.
- Add water and let it boil again.
- Add the slurry little by little while mixing until desired thickness has been reached. Set it aside.
- In a separate wok, add oil, set heat to high, and then stir-fry the beef.
- Add reen onions then add the sauce while stirring or tossing. Add enough sauce until all beef pieces has been coated.
- Serve on top of rice, with sesame seeds on top.