Solid handaan food. Matagal kainin dahil kailangan pang balatan, kailangan pang kamayin kaya nakakahiya kunin. BTW, pwede rin to sa alimasag. Bale eto ang paborito ng makakapal ang mukha sa handaan. But worry no more! Maluluto mo na to sa bahay! Pwede mo nang kainin in the comfort of your home, without poise!
1/2 kg Shrimp
3 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Cooking oil
1 tbsp Garlic, minced
2 tbsp Oyster sauce
brown Sugar, to taste
Slurry, 1 tbsp cornstarch + 3 tbsp water
Salt & pepper
handful of Green onions, chopped
red Chili (labuyo) (optional)
handful of crunchy fried Garlic, for garnish (optional but highly recommended)
- Wash the shrimp thoroughly and cut the antenna.
- In a pan on high heat, heat up 1 cup of water with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp with constant stirring until it changes color. Drain the shrimp then set aside the shrimp and basically the shrimp broth separately
- In a pan or wok, add cooking oil and butter. Once melted, sauté the garlic.
- Add shrimp broth, oyster sauce, and sugar to the pan. Stir continuously until sugar has melted.
- Add labuyo if you like it spicy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp and green onion. Lower the heat and simmer for a minute or two.
- Add the slurry little by little while mixing until desired thickness has been reached.
- Transfer to a wide shallow bowl and then sprinkle with crunchy garlic on top.