Ayoko sana i-post to dahil isa ito sa mga pinakaiingatan naming recipe. Di ko na lang nilagay ang measurements kasi secret nga.
Sauce pa lang, ulam na. Isang small bowl nito, kaya magpataob ng isang Kyowa rice cooker ng kanin with maximum capacity of 5 cups.
red Bell pepper, cut into half and seeds removed
Beef, cut into chunks (butu-buto)
Spanish Chorizo, cut into chunks
whole Pickles, sliced
Cheese, grated (preferably Eden)
red chili (labuyo), chopped
Green Olives, chopped
Potato, thinly sliced
Carrots, cut into chunks
Salt & pepper
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Coat each potato slice with cornstarch then deep fry. Set aside.
- Deep fry the carrot chunks. Set aside as well.
- On a separate pot, heat oil with butter then sauté the garlic, bell pepper, chorizo, and beef chunks. Season with salt & pepper
- Once the beef got its brown color, move it to the side of the pot.
- Add tomato paste in the middle of the pot then stir til it turns darker.
- Add water to the pot until all is submerged. Scrape the bottom of the pot for fond.
- Add the beef cubes, pickle juice, liver spread, labuyo, and bay leaf. Mix well. Cover and boil for 1.5 to 2 hours. Add more water if necessary.
- In the last minutes of boiling, remove the cover so that the excess water could evaporate.
- Make sure that the meat is already tender. Add tomato sauce, pickles, olives, and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix in the fried potato and carrots.
- Simmer for another a minute or two.
- Transfer to a shallow bowl then serve.