Part of my monthly work-out routine.
Di ko sure kung matatawag pa ba tong pizza pero may sauce, cheese, and dough naman (see Mark Iacono) so I guess it fits. “Healthier” alternative sa mamantikang pizza ng Yellow Cab, Pizza Hut, etc.
2 cup Flour
2 tsp baking powder
dash of salt
1/4 cup Olive oil
1/3 cup water
additional flour for dusting the area
Salt & pepper
Cheese, grated (preferrably Eden or other quick melt cheese)
Ham bits, cooked
Olives, pitted and sliced
Onion, thinly sliced
button Mushroom, sliced
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients for the dough separately.
- In your preferred kneading area, make a well with flour then pour in the wet ingredients.
- Mix then knead for about 5 minutes or until the dough is formed and there are no separate lumps of flour. Feel free to add more flour or water depending on the texture.
- Once formed. Cover with plastic wrap then let it rest for about 15 minutes while we make the sauce.
- Sauté the onion then garlic in olive oil.
- Add the tomato paste and continue to sauté until it darken, then add the tomato sauce.
- Add oregano powder, dried basil, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix well and let simmer for about 2 minutes. Set aside
- Once the dough has rested, divide it into 6 pieces which would result to 8 inch diameter pizza. Divide into less pieces if you’re planning to make bigger pizza.
- Flour your working area and flatten the dough as thin as you can. It could normally reach 8 inches in diameter. Feel free to make it bigger if you have a bigger stove and pan.
- With a non-stick pan, set to medium high heat and toast both sides for about 15-20 seconds each.
- Repeat steps 9-10 for every pizza you’ll make.
- Top the prepared dough with sauce, cheese, then the other solid toppings.
- Season with additional dried basil, salt, and pepper if necessary.
- In a non-stick pan, set heat to medium low, then place the pizza, cover and let it cook for about 12-15 minutes. Do not remove the lid as the heat will escape.
- Once the cheese has melted, check if the bottom has char marks. You may continue to cook it on higher heat if you want it crispier at the bottom.
- Transfer on a cutting board then slice.
- Optionally, but highly recommended, drizzle with fermented garlic honey (https://diauthenticrecipes.wordpress.com/2020/10/13/fermented-garlic-honey/) and sprinkle with dried chili flakes and rock salt