Surebol way para di maging biko ang sinangag mo, kahit anong lata pa ng kanin na gagamitin mo. Mas masarap kainin sa hapunan kaysa almusal. Get creative! Ihalo mo yung tirang karne sa ref! Adobo Rice? Binagoongan Rice? Dinuguan Rice? Tinola Rice? Sky is the limit!
2 cups day-old cooked Rice
1 large egg
Salt & pepper
- Try to separate the rice grain if possible.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg then mix with the rice until all the grains are thoroughly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pan or wok, add oil and set heat to medium high. Fry the garlic.
- Add the egg and rice mixture while stirring and tossing constantly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You’ll know that the fried rice is ready once there are no more wet egg.
- At this point you may add more flavors and ingredients before serving
Note: Prepare the steps below before cooking the fried rice
Idea #1 Spicy Seafood
- Cut some squidball into small cubes and some kani (crab sticks) into bite size pieces then fry. Set aside.
- Add a teaspoon of sweet-spicy bagoong (or bagoong with chili oil) into the fried rice while mixing and tossing continously.
- Add the fried squidball and kani. Season salt to taste.
- Optionally top with furikake or cut-up nori sheets.
Idea #2 Ham Egg and Cheese Fried Rice
- Cut ham into small squares then fry. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat two eggs together with a teaspoon of mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper
- In a separate non-stick pan, heat up some oil then butter in low heat.
- Pour the egg then immediately grate a lot of cheese on top of the egg. Cover until cooked. Set aside until cool.
- Heat up some corn kernels (frozen or canned) with butter and set aside.
- Cut the eggs into small pieces then mix with the fried rice, ham, and corn. Season with salt to taste.
Idea #3 Basic
- Heat up some frozen corn, peas, and carrots with butter. Set aside.
- Slice some kikiam into small pieces then fry. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix a tablespoon of soy sauce, a tablespoon of mirin, a teaspoon of sugar, and optionally a little bit of chili oil. Set aside.
- Mix the kikiam pieces and veggies with the rice. Season with plain soy sauce to taste.
- Serve with additional crunchy garlic and drizzle with the soy-mirin mixture.